View Single Post
  #104   ^
Old Tue, Oct-11-05, 11:38

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 206/144/135 Female 5'8
BF:
Progress: 87%

Bawdy-
I make a very similar cheese cake and I have tried a few variations that turned out great. This is the base cheese cake recipe that I use. Close to yours minus the sour cream and butter:

2 8 oz pkgs cream cheese
2 eggs
2 Tbsp vanilla
1/2 cup Splenda
2 ish cups of a "filling"

For pumpkin I modify like this:
Add 1 small can (15oz) pumpkin and
2 Tbsp. Pumpkin Pie Spice, or to taste, or whatever you like to add, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves

For the crust I crush up the nuts from this recipe and add melted butter:

1/2 Stick butter melted in a frying pan.
2 cups pecan halves
4 tbsp granular splenda
2 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
Ground cinnamon-Quantity depends on your desire for flavor (more is better).
Cook until you start to smell the nuts brown stirring pretty constantly. Turn off fire and add the Splenda, mix well then add the vanilla extract. This will sizzle due to the alcohol then add the amount of cinnamon you desire. (I do it somewhat heavily)

I bake the cake in a pie pan so it looks more like pumpkin pie.

For Blueberry/lemon cheesecake:
I add a pint of fresh blueberries (frozen works fine too) and use 2 tbsp lemon extract instead of the vanilla. I bake it crustless in muffin pans for individual servings and serve each mini cheesecake topped with a scoop of vanilla CarbSmart.

For Cranberry/Orange w/ chocolate crust I swirl in this cranberry filling:
Cranberry Filling:
1.5 cups fresh cranberries
3/4 cup water
1/2 cup Fifty/50 Orange Marmalade
1/4 cup Splenda granular (or 6 packets)
put all ingredients except for Splenda in a saucepan. Cook on high flame until berries burst (abt 5 mins). Stir often. Continue cooking on low heat for an additional 10 mins, still stirring. Remove from flame and blend in Splenda. Refrigerate for a couple hours (This is also the recipe I use for turkey cranberry sauce except I use raspberry jam).

I also use orange extract in the cake instead of the vanilla or lemon.

And for the chocolate crust I do this:
1.5 cups almond flour
1/2 stick butter melted
4 TB unsweetened cocoa
4 TB Splenda granular
The blueberry is by far my FAVORITE followed closely by the pumpkin. But the Cranberry is good too! Like I said, our recipes are so similar that these variations should work.

Now what I'd LOVE to try next is a chocolate peanut butter swirl. Anyone try that?