#2   ^
Old Tue, May-29-01, 08:44
Forum Founder

Plan: LC paleo
Stats: 241/188/140 Female 165 cm
BF:
Progress: 52%
Smile hi there, welcome to our forum

This will indeed be a challenge for you, but you're not alone; lots of support and encouragement here. I read your other post, about hard to find "special" lowcarb ingredients. Most of us do as you, and just eat real, natural food, rather than the packaged processed fake lowcarb foods. Here in Canada, it's nearly impossible to find these lowcarb versions of high-carb things like bread, noodles, pancakes and biscuits .... and we too must order from the USA via the internet... . Oh well, I have been lowcarbing for over a year, and I am not at all tired of eating real meat, fish, poultry, eggs, tofu, cheese and all kind of vegetables ... and a little bit of lowcarb fruits now and then. I do miss chips and fried things with crispy batter on them though.

I love to cook and try new foods, new tastes etc .... The bookshelf in my kitchen is crammed full of cookbooks, mostly East Asian, Indian, Middle Eastern and Mediterrannean ... even everyday cooking is not plain ... if I have a simple ground meat patty, you can bet that it has lots of spices in it .. ... I have a favourite Malaysian Fish Curry, which I serve with finely chopped cauliflower instead of rice ... but one thing I notice that there is a lot of sugar added to everything!! Even the fish and seafood has a little sugar added ... of course I leave that out. And tempeh ... I love tempeh ... we can buy it in frozen blocks here ... there is one that has seaweed and sesame in it .. YUMMmmm. (It's a little bit too high in carbs for me though, as I am following VERY low carbs at the present time)

I look forward to reading more posts from you about your lowcarbing success! ..

Doreen