#10   ^
Old Mon, May-21-07, 12:03

Plan: UDS
Stats: 199/190/190 Male 69
BF:12%/11%/6%
Progress: 100%

Quote:
Originally Posted by diemde
Sorry if this has been asked before, but I couldn't find a thread here.

Being fairly new to lifting (started in Feb) and still wanting to lose fat, I'm struggling with getting in enough protein to hit the 1 gm per lb of LM (132)and keeping calories reasonably low. I'm still at the point with my lifting that I'm not burning enough calories to eat high cals, so a steak or 2 a day just won't work for me.

I hit 91 gms of protein today, but that was by adding an Atkins shake. I know a lot of folks eat cottage cheese, but even a cup a day has just 26 gms of protein. Besides the obvious meat choices, what else do you eat that is high in protein, but low in calories, too?

Thanks for your suggestions.

I don't have near the protein intake I did 10 years ago, but at one point in time, I was eating 10-12 eggs for breakfast every morning. Sometimes I would omit a few of the yolks to bring the volume down if I wasn't that hungry.

Averaging 30 grams per meal over 5-6 meals each day is easily done. Your best bet might be to add an extra meal (cottage cheese 26 grams + 91 = 117). 117 grams a day is probably going to be plenty for you. If not, add a can of tuna or a chicken breast and now you're at almost 150 grams/day.