#10   ^
Old Mon, Feb-12-18, 23:44

Plan: VLC, mostly meat
Stats: 202/200/165 Male 5' 7"
BF:
Progress: 5%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verbena
I always had great eyesight - 20/20 and better - until my mid forties, when reading kept requiring stronger and stronger magnification, just like every other member of my family. My eye doctor has been taling about macular degeneration for the last several years - it was getting worse, we will need to do something soon, etc. My prescription for glasses was changing every couple of years. I started LC 5 years ago, and over these years I am still getting "we will need to do something", but my prescription hasn't changed. So I accept what I am told as "doctor speak", and am of the opinion that things have calmed down, and evened out. Yes, i'm getting older, and things are running down, but I am pleased to think that the process is slower since changing my diet. Coincidence possibly, but I'm OK with that.

Your story reminds me of mine in a way. I had myopia for most of my life until I went low-carb. Once I did, my vision improved so much I could see a golf ball 300+ yards away (not bragging but that's how far I could hit it at times, I was the ball spotter for my foursome most times), and could read street signs two blocks away. I was amazed how far I could see clearly, when I remembered I could barely read a street sign half a block away before. But then I got sick and everything went south, including my eyesight. Now it's rather poor and fluctuates too.

On the one hand I'm quite certain diet was the primary cause for my poor vision before, and on the other hand I'm equally certain there's other things besides a crap diet that can have the same effect.