View Single Post
  #39   ^
Old Mon, Feb-22-10, 13:12

Plan: Atkins/Protein Power
Stats: 154/150/135 Female 5'8"
BF:
Progress:

Has anyone switched to SP from a lower carb diet? I am reading SP I and a lot of what I am reading really resonates with me. I initially lost about 5 lbs. on Atkins, but then completely stopped. I tried intermittent fasting but was too hungry and lethargic to continue (and I did not really lose much weight!) I then switched to a sort of paleo with dairy approach and felt slightly better with the fruit. Now I am considering trying SP but I am uncertain about her view of carbs- she continuously comments that eating too few carbs is dangerous but does not back that up with a solid explanation that I am comfortable with. I am also a bit fearful of the amount of food that she recommends- I feel like I will definitely gain weight if I eat as much as she suggests and I'm not sure how I could even muster the appetite for the snacks! Then again I am compelled by her perspective of "healing" your metabolism rather than weight loss and I feel like maybe I need that kind of shift.

Sorry for the rambling post but I guess I am just wondering what experiences people have had switching from a lower carb diet to SP.