View Single Post
  #4   ^
Old Tue, Feb-02-16, 16:30

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 189/148.6/145 Female 5' 5"
BF:36%/28%/25%
Progress: 92%

If you change the way you think about stress, that might help.

We all have STRESSORS in our lives; things that can lead to stress. But stress comes from within: it's not the external that drives stress, it's the INTERNAL.

We can all, to a greater or lesser extent, control the levels of stress that we feel. And, the more we practice, the better we get at it. I'm not as good now as I used to be: a head injury two years ago took away some of my controls, and I've had to fight to regain them.

My desire to control my stress response reached a peak when I was going through menopause, and I hated the banshee I turned into sometimes.

So I started practicing, and, little by little, I got better.

If we're not overwhelmed by the stressors in our lives, we don't need to eat emotionally. And, if we do, and we don't have crap in our kitchens--for women, that is nearly always under their direct control--even if we eat the contents of the entire frig, it will still be on plan.

The first step is to remind yourself that you ARE a strong person, and that whatever the stressors in your life are not in charge of you, you are.

The rest flows from that. It's really that simple. Simple isn't easy, but like everything else, practice increases skill and more skill means better control.