View Single Post
  #1   ^
Old Wed, Mar-08-17, 09:01

Plan: Low carb
Stats: 279.5/178/199 Female 5 feet 8 inches
BF:
Progress: 126%
Default Hello! Excited about joining the forum.

I began this latest weight adjustment journey on 4 Feb 17. I have tried low carb eating in the past but never for very long. I think the longest I followed the plan was for 3 weeks. I am now in week 5 and feeling pretty good. No noticeable "Atkins flu" like symptoms and have lost about 18lbs. I have decided to extent the induction period as long as I can (20grams or less) but starting to get a little concerned about the long term effects to my body (especially the liver). I have been reading a lot online about the dangers of low carb eating and wanted to reach out to those who have lived this lifestyle to try and gain some additional insight. I am a 54 year old female trying to lose a total of 80lbs (60lbs to go). I eat well and take the recommended vitamins for a person of my age. Exercise is moderate walking at this point but I plan to build on that.

As I said above, my biggest concern is the length of time I intend to spend in the induction phase. Looking to hear some of your stories to help me either change my plan or continue.

Honestly, I struggle to get in 20 grams per day but I do get at least 15 grams. I don't track the grams regularly and know that I should. I will work on that.

Thanks for reading/listening.

Looking forward to learning more.

Kathy
Sponsored Links