View Single Post
  #17   ^
Old Wed, Aug-07-13, 04:40
Registered Member

Plan: general
Stats: 196/162/160 Female 175cm
BF:
Progress: 94%

I have switched from 3 weeks of Atkins which made me disgusted and sick ( pork, yuck, fat meet, yuck, processed food ugh) to SBD.
Never used the processed food in there, just not as much fat as Atkins.
I have certainly never had this stuff:
decaf coffee, decaf tea or fat free milk, sugar substitute as the suggest for breakfast. Nothing wrong with growing verveine or mint in a pot and having your weed tea even at work
and it worked nicely Have been eating wholesome healthy food avoiding all sugar and replacements (why use sweetener?) and loved the veg, fish salad and fruit in SBD.
The trick to do it is not to use the recipes in SDB, most of them contain processed food which IMHO is not healthy at all.
So now a year later even if I have sinned occasionally (avoiding sugar in Malaysia is near on impossible.. tanpa gula sila was the magic phrase but it often did not work ) and in spite of a serious thyroid problem my goal is almost reached, I am feeling well and SBD was a good working hypothesis to start with and get me going.
Still am not eating any bread or standard pasta, keeping clear of genetically modified wheat and grain in the procedure and sticking to a small serve of rice and spuds.. In Malaysia there are no spuds of course and the food was irresistibly good but I did not put on a gram of weight.. because there was no bread and no grain but rice.
So my jeans are 34 instead of 36 now and I am getting towards 33 I am happy!