View Single Post
  #13   ^
Old Tue, May-24-05, 08:15

Plan: Primal/Paleo
Stats: 255/241/145 Female 5 feet 9 1/2 inches
BF:
Progress: 13%

Well, don't worry! I agree with what Lizwhip said. Once your little guy starts getting more mobile, i.e. walking, he will thin out. Babies are supposed to be chubby...they have so much growing to do . My son Jakob was 30 lbs on his 1st birthday...and guess what he is 2 1/2 now and weights about 33 lbs. That's not unusual for kids to get to certain weight and then just grow upwards and thin out for a year or more!

I would cut out the Teddy Grahams, and just give him Cheerios as a once in a while treat. It may not have lots of sugar added, but it's a highly processed carb. Also, juice isn't a good everyday thing either. Give him fruit instead. Around here, juice has always been a treat kind of thing (or an emergency thing if our son gets constipated..apple juice can help with that). On the occassions we give him juice, we do dilute it 1/2 water 1/2 juice, sometimes a little more water than that even.

My son was mainly into mommy's milk until about 9-10 months old, but he got pretty chubby on just mommy's milk. Some of the foods he loved when we started adding other foods: avocado, banana, whole plain yogurt (I recommend not feeding flavored yogurt...even now at 2 1/2 he still will eat plain yogurt without any added fruit or flavor). Umm, frozen peas and blueberries he loved and still loves. You can cook carrots or sweet potatoes and then puree them, add a little formula or water to make it a good consistancy. When you are ready to introduce greens you can cook them and puree them in with the sweet potato, etc. You can check with your ped, or even online for the guidelines on when to introduce what foods to your child.