#1   ^
Old Tue, Apr-01-14, 16:47

Plan: Paleo/Atkins
Stats: 192/187/135 Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress:
Default New Diagnosis, Metformin 1 week = 3lbs loss

Hello All,

I am new to this forum so I'd like to introduce myself.

I'm 38 y/o. I was recently (a week ago) diagnosed with PCOS after countless doctors visits over the last 3 years trying to determine why I could not lose weight. I started CrossFit a year ago today, but before that I was a runner. I stuck to healthy diet and worked out 5-6 days a week, but never had any progress. In fact, I had slow weight gain!

After 2 years of TTC with my husband, a testicular cancer survivor, there were some extra tests done on me by my Reproductive Endocrinologist and after ordering all the RIGHT tests and asking all the RIGHT questions, she determined I had PCOS and put me immediately on 1,500mg of Metformin.

I've been on it a week today, and I weighed myself this morning and I'm down 3 pounds from my last weigh in at the doctor's office. I still continue to CrossFit and sticking to a low carb/high protein/high fat diet.

DH and I have decided to hold off a few months on TTC so that I can drop some weight.

I'm excited to see what the meds along with my diet and exercise regimen will do in the next months!

Sponsored Links