View Single Post
  #30   ^
Old Mon, Feb-21-05, 14:30

Plan: Protein Power/a la carte!
Stats: -/-/150 Female 66 inches
BF:Yes!
Progress: 49%

I don't know how you manage Atkins with that number of calories - are you sure you're eating enough? Have you read the book? I know from other people's posts that you are deemed NOT to be doing Atkins if you are this low - eating a good percentage of fat, as high as 70 - 90 % is what is required, plus the requisite amount of vegetables, water etc. Why are you cutting back on fat until you get the cholesterol results? This is unlikely to skew them in time and if you really want to know what low carb is doing you need to stay on it to get a proper picture and be re-tested accordingly.
You will find lots of info on this site and many others regarding the cholesterol controversy - most Atkin's folk find that their cholesterol goes down, not up. If you are worried, maybe a change to South Beach or GI would suit you better, but you need to get the books and follow the programmes, at least to start with.
Babs
PS - will post my crumble/pastry recipes next - there are MILLIONS of fab recipes available on the net. You could spend a dozen lifetimes trying them out and tweaking them to suit you. If you want particular options, use google and then save the sites for later perusal.