Thread: LC Our Way!
View Single Post
  #82   ^
Old Mon, Oct-31-16, 08:03

Plan: General LC
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 90%

Lori- I am so sorry to hear about the lost earring! That is so disappointing!! Glad to hear you are otherwise having fun. Sounds like the weather you are having is being echoed here. Warm day yesterday, high of 60 today, but then warming up again. Enjoy Myrtle!

Trigger- You poor thing! HUGS (gentle ones) I know how you are, you don't complain much at all, so if you are saying something hurts, I know it legitimately HURTS. So sorry! We are all a bunch of Dr-Phobes on here but if you need to get it looked at, then do. Maybe if you go in soon enough, it can be helped by PT or a chiropractor.
Have fun with the DD at the lake this evening! Boo!
BTW- I think I'll have an omelet this morning too. That sounds yum!

Jaz- Yeah, I am well and feeling fine. No illnesses on this end since the Tummy issues were resolved. No idea on how long for the prescription- will see the DR again for follow up in November and see what he has to say about it.
No, I don't do flu shots- I have had one in my life. With the exception of this acid/bile tummy thing, I tend to be very healthy and don't get sick often at all. I tend to extend my avoidance of Drs to avoidance of all medicines whenever possible, including pain relievers and vax.
Furman- Very much still active and on DS's list. His EA application is in and we will hear the result in December, I think. Maybe January. He went there again while in SC and reiterated how much he loves it.
Hope you enjoy this week at work as much as last week!

Charms- "Sauce" for the Cornish Hen was easy- I just melted Kerrygold butter and tossed in pink salt, Montreal chicken seasoning, garlic powder, smoked paprika and hot paprika, then basted. SO YUM!
A Walking Taco is taking a bag of chips (Individual Size like Doritos nacho or cool ranch, for example), opening the top, then adding taco ingredients directly into the bag. Portable taco! Teens love them. Apparently they are sold at fairs and football games, and the like. I'll have shredded lettuce, tomato, sour cream, salsa, cheddar cheese and guac for them to add. Oh, and melted nacho cheese. I'm going to make homemade cinnamon applesauce in McSteamy also.

Books/authors: I have typically really liked Jodi Picoult, although I prefer her earlier work. Diane Chamberlain is a similar author. Rainbow Rowell (Eleanor and Park, Landline), Jojo Moyes (Me Before You), Kristin Hannah (The Nightingale.) If you haven't read The Glass Castle, that was amazing.

••••••••••••••••••

Things are going well over here. Got laundry going and will do a super minor clean up if I get the urge. Gotta go shopping for the dinner supplies- including Ds14 I think we have nine or ten boys here tonight from 6-9. Gotta love a good group of friends for your teen, and we Moms all communicate regularly via text, so we are like a watch group.

Down .8 to 137.4.

Taking Trig's suggestion for an omelet for brekkie! Maybe the remainder of the Cornish hen (the two teeny breasts) with sf bbq sauce and a drizzle of montreal chicken butter, along with some green beans, for Linner!