#67   ^
Old Fri, Jul-03-15, 07:20
It's Only Food!

Plan: Ketogenic / IF
Stats: 279/248/210 Female 5'11"
BF:
Progress: 45%

Mornin', Kids.

So, I'm down three pounds over the last two days. Works for me. My weight loss trend line on my graph was starting to get an upward slant with all my futzing around. Glad to be back on track.

Y'know food is not our friend. It's a necessity. We turn it into all sorts of glorious things and assign it tasks such as making us feel better, joy, happiness, being part of something, all of which is a lie. If you think you won't have a birthday, wedding, social gathering, or event unless you eat and drink things that aren't good for you, then you have created pure fantasy in your head.

Quick, tell me what you ate for dinner a week ago Wednesday. No peeking at food diaries! Hmmmmm, just as I thought. You can't remember. So why do you think that food is so important to you?

I think on these things because I've been snacking on good foods I shouldn't have (nuts and berries) out of boredom. Jim is teaching 3 to 4 nights per week and I'm alone all evening. He doesn't get home until 10:30 and I get home after he has already left. So there I am alone with the cats. Sure I paint, do chores, watch TV but I found my urge to snack had increased. The last two days I put the kibosh on that. And you know what? I woke up the past two mornings hopeful and happy that I hadn't cheated against myself. I feel better about myself than I do when I indulge in things that tickle my fancy for a few seconds of time and are followed by days of regret. This is what I want to hold onto. Nothing feels better than that.

Susan, my body reacts as yours does. I have found that my body will slam on 5 to 10 pounds once I get out of ketosis, so that tells me I have to lose to an amount lower than my goal in order to accommodate the bounce-back. Sucks to be us but we can beat that game. It will always be a challenge and we'll never be able to just do as we please. That's okay. A few indulgences followed by careful eating works for me. It's how we are with our finances too, so why not food?

I have to keep reminding myself this isn't Saturday. We're off today for the holiday. I do love a 3 day holiday.

Have a good 'un.

Later 'gators.