View Single Post
  #12   ^
Old Mon, Jun-04-07, 18:53

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 215/164/158 Female 68 inches (5' 8")
BF:much/less/now :-)
Progress: 89%

hi folks! I wish I had more time to post, and to read posts. I really miss all the reading I was doing online just for fun...work has been terribly demanding of late. I do advocacy/policy/lobbying work and NC is in the middle of its legislative session. Working on several bills, plus my usual policy work, has meant a lot of late nights, early mornings, and basically having no life outside work. I've banked a lot of time off, but it could be months before I can take any of it...

when the weekend rolls around the last thing I want to do is fire up the computer since the laptop or blackberry is my appendage 24/7 M-F. (you know you're a lobbist when you fire off a work email at 3 am and several colleagues reply immediately). Spending a lot of time on weekends doing tangible things like working in the yard, fixing the mailbox, painting outdoor furniture, cleaning, etc. and not thinking or doing any work. On the plus side, I've usually put in at least 40 hours by Friday so I have been able to squeeze in a few three day weekends (except when our bills have been up in committee - then I just work through the weekend to get ready for Monday). Spent one of my free weekends at the beach. ahhhhhh....that's living.

I'm glad to see folks here are doing well!

After taking a month "off" doing maintenance levels of PPLP, I've gone back to intervention level carbs to see if I can knock off a few more pounds without being too too restrictive of my calorie intake. I've been doing more walking but still not very motivated to do anything else despite knowing that my 40 year old body would really benefit from it. lol.

Looking forward to being able to post daily (or nightly!) sometime soon.

Jen