Old Sat, Apr-19-03, 08:39

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 320/220/195 Male 6'0"
BF:
Progress: 80%
Default Re: kill for a bagel

Quote:
Originally posted by poetree
I used to love my bagel/creme cheese breakfast. And my oatmeal ones. And my whole grain cereal ones.

Not sure if they would make me crash now, but definitely grains is my weakness.

Bagels...now that brings back memories of Middle/High School. My mom worked at an elementary school a couple miles from the middle school I attended. We'd get bagels, doughnuts, or biscuits for breakfast every morning. Only thing that kept them from sending my weight off the charts was that once I got to her school, I'd get my bike (which I left there) and ride it a couple miles to school, then when I'd get there I'd play sports until school began, then I'd play sports again after lunch, and at the end of the day. But, even all that exercise couldn't prevent the pounds from creeping on. It only kept them from exploding on as they did after 1999.

In High School, I went to summer school to earn extra credits...and during the summer, they didn't have regular lunches. They would set up a bagel stand and sell bagels. If you wanted something to drink, they had several Pepsi/Coke Machines. I loved the bagels and would sometimes buy more than 1.