View Single Post
  #50   ^
Old Tue, Jan-05-10, 07:36

Plan: LC combo
Stats: 223/211/150 Female 5ft.4in.
BF:
Progress: 16%

Like Nancy, I cannot have anything with wheat or gluten AT ALL. So eating "grains" is out. Flaxseed meal is GREAT for muffins and I add it to my Pamela's mix for pancakes or waffles.

I spend a lot of time getting fresh veggies and meats and fish, cooking like crazy! It keeps me from getting bored. I also picked up some culinary skills class to refresh some skills and learn new skills to keep my meals fresh. YES, you WILL have to cook!!!!

Learn to use more unusual veggies like squashes...spaghetti, acorn, patty pan, and banana squashes give a variety and keep for a while. Try catcus pears! Have a few good cookbooks for inspiration and get out of your comfort zone. And the forum does have some great recipes! You have to put effort into meal prep - we live in a society that has convenience food. That's fine - frozen berries are great for muffins, for example, or toss in some Greek yogurt. But to do well on low-carb, you need to plan your meals, get your shopping done, do some prep work for your meals for the week and then enjoy cooking. Yes, you WILL have to cook. But think of it as an investment in good food and you.