View Single Post
  #99   ^
Old Wed, Sep-24-03, 22:42

Plan: South Beach
Stats: 189/187/124 Female 60.75 inches
BF:
Progress: 3%

It started in January of 2002. We went on a trip to Oklahoma to see family/friends.

I was still thinking that I was in a size 12 or 14, like I had been when I got married and had always been. As I was always wearing men's jeans, I assumed that. Never assume!

We went to JC Penney's to get me 2 new pairs of jeans. I tried 12's...no luck. 14's...barely went past my hips. I was wondering what the problem was...my dh bought a pair of 16's into the dressing room. I tried them on, they fit perfectly!

I was so embarrassed, humiliated, you name it. I was ashamed of myself.
I couldn't believe I had let myself go like that!
I felt disgusting, and didn't want my dh looking at me.

We purchased the jeans.

I remained stoic until we reached the car, where I started sobbing uncontrollably.
My dh just held me. He knew how I felt.

When we got back to CA, I started Slim-Fast. Lost 18 pounds in 6 weeks, but was always starving. That's when MIL and FIL told me about Atkins. I was skeptical. Dh encouraged me to try it. So I did.

And here I am. I have taken time off from lc'ing (BAD, BAD idea! ), having thought I reached my goal weight (turns out, defective scale). I was actually about 10-15 pounds away.
I gained 15 pounds back, but am losing again. And this time, I plan on really reaching goal!