View Single Post
  #96   ^
Old Tue, Sep-23-03, 23:08

Plan: atkins
Stats: 400/372/130 Female 5' 7
BF:
Progress: 10%

My regular doctor sent me to a surgeon to talk about a hernia I need repaired. When I arrived at the surgeon's office, I looked around the room and everyone there except one child was overweight; most very obese. I'm usually the biggest person in the room, so I sat up and took notice. I had an inkling before I saw the doctor that he had a "specialty" and sure enough his first question was, "So when do you want to have your surgery?". I was shocked! I had no idea my hernia was that bad I say. He says, "I didn't know you had a hernia. I thought you were here for a by-pass". I just looked at him and said, "I would never choose to have elective surgery." He tells me he won't even do the by-pass until I lose 40 lbs. I tell him if I could lose 40 lbs., I wouldn't need the surgery. He says, "Oh yes, you will, because you'll just put it back on if you don't have the by-pass done". I came home that day and started reading everything I could find on dieting. Atkins stuck out as best for me. I'm supposed to see him again in January. I hope he gets a big surprise!