#72   ^
Old Sun, Feb-01-04, 19:47
One Day At A Time

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 373/373/145 Female 5'5
BF:at least 59%
Progress: 0%

Hello Again,
I was reading through this thread and wanted to make a comment about switching from Atkins to CAD/CALP. I have been a die-hard Atkins fan for years. And.. the first time I used that woe... i was successful. I lost 120 pounds and felt wonderful. At some point.. when I let my guard down feeling that I had "mastered" it and could somewhat return to a "normal" way of eating I lost all control and gained back what was lost. My own fault entirely. I looked at Atkins as a "get slim quick" method of weight loss. Not much more in the beginning. I can tell you the carb count of almost any food. I knew that Atkins works. I also knew that I could lose the weight again if I was more determined to make Atkins a way of life. I had no trouble getting back into ketosis.. and even the second time. The third time it was a bit harder to maintain.. and my weight came off more slowly and the plateaus came more frequently. Every 2 to 3 pounds instead of every 5-6. I believe whole heartedly that for someone who has tried the low fat high carb method of weight loss.. and is switching for the first time to a low carb way of life that they can be successful if determined to stay low carb for life. However, I am testimony the damage that one can do to not only their heart, but their metabolism by being inconsistent with whatever plan you follow. I have trained my body to become a carb sensitive machine. It is sensitive to things now that it was not sensitive to before. When I read the cad book I could see me. I hope this way of eating will help me regain some control over my weight and my health.

Thanks for your support