View Single Post
  #1   ^
Old Thu, Oct-22-15, 09:48

Plan: P:E/DDF
Stats: 225/150/169 Female 5' 9"
BF:45%/28%/25%
Progress: 134%
Default New LC Support Group in WV, also VA, SC, DC

Learned about a new in-person LC Support Group in Charlestown, West Virginia.

The doctor who leads it was on Jimmy Moore's podcast not long ago. Episode #1005. They have had a news article published about their program. The doctor's website has many links and health information, including all of Dr. Westman's program in detail and many others. Another Support group to join Dr. Westman's in Durham NC and Dr. Hallberg's in Lafayette, IN.

Dr Mark Cucuzzella ; Professor Family Medicine WVU School of Medicine;
http://tworiverstreads.com/simple-food-rules/

Melanie Miller is leading the group. Think you can sign up for the meetings on her facebook page or contact her for more info: https://www.facebook.com/melaniemil...journey?fref=ts

Low Carb Revolution in West Virginia.

Why were nearly 100 citizens including the wives of two NFL Hall of Famers gathered at Sam Michael’s Rec Center in October 2015? My friend Melanie Miller was igniting the social media world and sharing her story and some simple food rules that can reverse “disease” and restore health and people were doing it. Melanie and I met at a community health meeting where several were talking about more exercise initiatives and even “Weight Watchers” as a means to fight obesity in a community. I challenged this by bringing up “what about the person who has a rod in their ankle, they and about 20% of the population have a disability where they cannot do adequate exercise. Do we just forget about them and let them get fat and diabetes?”. Across the table was Melanie who had a rod in her ankle and gained 100 pounds after this horrible event and was struggling to find her health again. The Revolution was ignited.

The method costs nothing and 1000s of people around the world have used this eating style for over 100 years to prevent and reverse obesity and diabetes. Even Hollywood actors use this method when they need to gain or lose weight for a role. The event was hosting by myself, Melanie, and former medical patient Terry Caswell; both whom had gotten their lives back and were now helping others. The demand was high to share more. We had nothing to sell: no products, no monthly plans, no pills, no surgery, no hour long gym sessions. Also no calories or points to count, no fitness trackers or apps; just eat adequate protein, fat to satiety and limit carbohydrate. Exercise is great for your health, but it is not for weight loss......more on the group

Melanie says DC is an hour and 15 minutes? (took us longer than that to get to airport one day ) but if you are in the near area...it sounds like a great support group!
Sponsored Links