View Single Post
  #2   ^
Old Thu, Jan-17-02, 15:20

Plan: somersize
Stats: 160/137/125
BF:
Progress: 66%

i'm a somersizer as well and love it, i feel great, have lost 23lb since 05/28/01 - i have been on a plateau (have been cheating & not exercising as well) since september but it doesn't bother me because i intend to follow this way of eating for the rest of my life.

there are some great discussion boards that all follow similar principals and have great recipes and ideas

www.suzannesomers.com - go to community, then discussion
eatprotein.com - go to community
www.lowcarbfriends.com

yes, grapenuts are legal on this program, other ideas are shredded wheat, oatmeal, puffed wheat, oat bran - as long as there is no sugar listed in the "ingredients" - not nutritional panel
and she uses skim (non-fat) milk. i only eat a carb breakfast about once a week. other ideas are whole wheat toast (if you can find legal bread) with no-fat cream or ricotta cheese or make a rhubarb spread with sweetner (rhubarb is considered a veggie, not a fruit)

can she take outside food into the cafeteria or is that a no-no? if she has to buy something from the cafeteria her best bet would be a green salad and if she can take a container of tuna salad or chicken salad, egg salad, salmon salad to dump on top.

one of the pleasures of this program is you can eat until you are full, as long as you are combining the proper foods

i wish her good luck with this wonderful way of eating and please e-mail me if you have any questions