#5   ^
Old Sat, Nov-11-00, 21:21
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins,PP - wgt in %
Stats: 100/96.8/69 Female 5'6.5"
BF:DWTK/DDare/JEnuf
Progress: 10%
Talking potlucks? new classes?

Had lunch (Spinnakers Brew Pub, Microbrewery and restaurant/shop, well-regarded here in Victoria, you MAY have heard of it, often featured in EAT....) with 2 of my 'regular' Ladies Who LC Lunch grouplet today. A marvelous curry-ginger-pumpkin soup with no thickeners and wonderful flavour (but I digress <grin>).

They were both agog at news of your classes, Karen, and were wistful ... as am I ... that we couldn't possibly make a Wednesday in Vancouver, and be stretching to make a weekend night.

I'm hopeful for the (distant?) future however, and (wistful again, perhaps) the thought was expressed that you might sometime be able to do such a thing here. Hmmmmmmm. Rogers' community cable has a spiffy cooking show, didn't I see the teutonic fellow from the Metropolitan on there once? Pacific something or other.

Anyway, I reminded them both that they should make time to sign in to the Forum (both work FT and spend way too much time on computers to regard it as entertainment as yet, but I hope to convert them; after all, I do the same!) and check out the Events etc.

Just wanted to let you know they were agog with your recipes, Karen, very impressed, and someday we just might have enough traffic in LC to arrange some such thing as you visiting Victoria or having a class over here?? Sigh, wistful again. I'm *such* a wannabe chef, and the ferries/water are *such* a pain in the butt.

Surely if I can manage it, I will be over there in the relatively near future (probably lots of notice) and come to slaver over the menu, or have lunch with you lot, as well as trundle around doing businessy things. All dependent on the orders coming in. Not bad for first week up on the web, but a ton of work yet to do. I'm rambling !LOL!