Old Mon, Jun-01-09, 03:57

Plan: Ray Peat (not low-carb)
Stats: 00/00/00 Female 164cm
BF:
Progress: 51%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abby3
Amanda,

I accidently came across a site called Earth Clinic while looking for natural cures. They have loads of testimonals about all kinds of natural cures. That's where I first heard about oil pulling. Also you can just google it and get directions how to do it. Some sites say to use sesame and sunflower oil and others mention EVCO. At first, I tried the sesame oil but hated the taste so I switched to EVCO. They both worked for me - in fact the CO was working too well. I had to take a week off to slow the detoxing effect. They recommend finding a schedule that works for you - some posts recommend four days on and four days off. My husband is a real skeptic about everything but I got him to try the oil pulling and he is now on the 4-4 day schedule. There is one concern with this and that involves mercury fillings. Some people say it loosens them and some say they have even come out. This is not an issue for me because all of mine are replaced.

Let me know what you think.
Abby

Hi Abby,

Thanks for taking the time to reply to me about oil-pulling. I shall look at the site you mentioned (I think I've used it before, actually) and see what they say. Recently, I have used VCO to combat toothache and a sore throat - just slowly swallowing it for the sore throat, which really helped, and gargling and then spitting the stuff out for the toothache. I can't believe it can work for so many things, but it does for me: maybe I am such a sucker that the placebo effect is at work here, but, what the heck, even if it is just a placebo effect, I'm not complaining if it works!!!

I am sorry I didn't get back to you earlier but I was away for five days and then, when we came back, I had a lot of gardening projects that needed my attention so I only spent a minimum of time at my PC.

Take care!

How are you doing in general? Why don't you open a journal so I can pop in and "see you" there? It's a great way to keep yourself on track, too.

amanda