Plan: Atkins
Stats: 280/188/150 Female 66"
BF:Day37=2"loss belly
Progress: 71%

Ketogenic diets and physical performance
Stephen D Phinney

daily intakes for sodium at 3–5 g/d and total potassium at 2–3 g/d

http://www.nutritionandmetabolism.com/content/1/1/2

Lately, I've been taking 1tsp each of UNrefined salt, potassium & ascorbic acid (vit.C - which helps cut the saltiness) and adding this to my drinking water jug & drinking this all day long. I have noticed a difference & plan to continue.

Potassium - 1tsp = 2440mg = 68%RDa
Salt ----- 1tsp = 1560mg = 68%RDa

When you restrict carbohydrates, you quickly deplete glycogen stores. Glycogen holds 3x it's weight in water, so depleting them is like wringing out a sponge. This causes dehydration & an electrolyte imbalance because you lose a lot of salts with the water. It's very important for low carbers to increase their salt & potassium intake. Salt & potassium have a yin/yang relationship.

Salt and water work together to do important work in your body, including stimulating your metabolism, helping you detoxify, support your adrenals and making sure your nerves, hormones and immune system function properly.

I recommend dissolving half teaspoon each of UNrefined salt, potassium & ascorbic acid (vit.C) in 6-8 oz of water & drink every morning to replenish electrolytes. This can be done up to 3x a day if necessary. I buy a salt substitute (NuSalt, NoSalt, Morton's Salt substitute, etc) for a cheap form of potassium. This should alleviate fatigue, headaches, dizziness or constipation caused by dehydration. Make sure you drink lots of water.