#17   ^
Old Mon, Aug-29-11, 22:29

Plan: 160g animal protein/day
Stats: 185/167/165 Female 5'10
BF:35
Progress: 90%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mollys121
Hello everybody. I am new to the Atkins diet (i.e have not actually started it yet) (:
I am so worried as i have tried things in the past that have just failed. I feel at the moment like it is impossible to lose weight! Can anybody give me any tips or tell me how easy the Atkins diet is to follow ...

By the way i brought the book 'Dr. Atkins new diet revolution' is this a good thing to start with

Will i ever lose weight!!??

Good luck, Molly :-)

1. You don't have to exercise. I didn't exercise, I ate plenty of fat and took most of the weight off. In that respect, this is the easiest weightloss plan in the world... don't exercise and eat plenty of food.

(I think exercise is great for building muscle and endurance as well as mental clarity, but aerobic activity especially is not effective. In fact, it can hinder certain people's ability to shed pounds... weird, huh?)

2. If you are feeling bad from the food, check your caloric fat intake. If it's below 60%, eat more fat. Up to 80% of your calories is okay.

3. If you've been eating like a bird, eat more food. That does sound counter-productive, but the theory that we have to be in negative energy balance has no basis. When I say negative energy balance I'm talking about how people think that they have to burn off more calories than they consume in order to lose weight. Ask euphoricme if you don't believe me about eating more food.