Thread: Singapore
View Single Post
  #40   ^
Old Tue, May-27-03, 03:01

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 186/170/130
BF:
Progress: 29%

Hey Fumih, you said you asked your friend from the US to send pork rinds to you, so I thought maybe you can't get them here. Just a miscommunication, my bad . My appetite seem to have shrunk too! I used to be a big eater and I mean really BIG! If you "blanja" me to buffet, sure get your money's worth (heehee). Now I eat very little and I don't snack anymore. Well, I like roasted peanuts so I munch on them sometimes but that's about it. Hey, which thermogenics did you take? Xenadrine? I've seen Zantrex3 at GNC. I thought those pills are for those who doesn't have alot of weight to lose (I might be wrong here), just the last few pounds, I was told by the folks at GNC. What do you think of Xenadrine? Do you lose alot of weight while on it? I'd like to try it but I thought I'd just let my food (or lack of carbs) make me lose weight naturally . I might use it when I have only the last few pounds to lose.

Ellen, we look forward to seeing you in Sg. Yes, it would be wonderful to meet up! I must say it is quite an adventure to find LC food in Sg. Challenging but not impossible. Do you have Keto foodstuff (pasta, etc), DaVinci syrups, LC bread, ice cream, chocolates and other LC products there? Have you used any of them? You can't find such things here . Buying online would be too expensive. Some food items are perisable so it's not possible to have it sent from US either (sigh). I wish you could get all those stuff and start a store here (heehee). At least you know that we'd be your most loyal customers! Ahhh, we can always dream!

Rina, some food might not affect your weight loss, but some may. According to DANDR, we should stick to 20g of carbs a day during Induction (most of which should come from leafy veggies). 2 weeks is not too long, really . After Induction you can up your carb a little. Sometimes I keep the carb under 20g, sometimes I over-shoot. Just be aware of your body's signals. Sometimes a single carb loading session can make you gain weight, sometimes nothing happens, sometimes you even lose weight! People are different. Just remember that if you put on a bit of weight after eating alot of carb, just cut down a little and analyse what you've been eating that made that happen. Drink lots of water, eat veggies and if you can, exercise.

BTW: I made LC chocolate fudge yesterday and I thought it tastes pretty good!

The recipe (all items can be found at Jason's except Splenda):

1 oz unsweetened baker's chocolate
1/2 cup natural, unsweetened/unsalted peanut butter
2 tbsp cream cheese
2 tbsp butter
1/2 - 1 cup sweetener (Splenda, Equal*) <--- depends on how sweet you want it to be

Melt the first 4 items in a pot on low heat. Add sugar and mix well. Put mixture in a shallow container and leave in fridge for a few hours. The fudge will harden a little but not as hard as chocolate. Cut into bite-sized pieces and enjoy!

*Equal contains aspartame and may slow down weight loss.

Wish I could share it with you guys!