View Single Post
  #1   ^
Old Fri, Aug-12-11, 01:08

Plan: LC Maintain
Stats: 220/127.5/140 Female 5'4"
BF:20.6
Progress: 116%
Default losing weight and losing a friend?

i've lost 33 pounds since may and i think it's affecting my friendship with a specific friend. we've been friends for a few years and we were/are pretty close.

the thing is that before i started a LC lifestyle, we weighed about the same. we would complain about it, but never do anything about it. instead, we'd go out, eat unhealthy things and talk about what we should be doing.

i've changed and now i have a hard time listening to her complaining about her weight. i've worked hard and i'm almost half way to my final goal. i've told her that i don't want to hear it anymore. i try to give helpful suggestions and she yells at me. i try to tell her how much losing weight has helped me and how i feel like an entirely new person and she yells at me.

we used to be close. we used to talk just about every day and i have a hard time even bothering anymore. she's selfish and jealous. i guess i don't understand complaining for the sake of complaining anymore. i want to live my life to the fullest and being overweight wasn't allowing me to do that.
no one can make me go back the way i used to be even if it's uncomfortable for them.

does anyone else have experiences with friends who don't like the fact you are losing weight and living your life differently than before? i'm not even sure if my friend truly acknowledges that she feels that way.
Sponsored Links