View Single Post
  #39   ^
Old Fri, Jul-02-04, 17:44

Plan: Carnivore
Stats: 212/179/160 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 63%

Dawn, it sounds like things are going your way. I really love comedians, and Jeff Foxworthy is one of my favorites! I wish I could see him in person. Your son sounds like a typical 19 year old. He thinks he's an adult, but there's just so much he doesn't know. Just be grateful that you seem to have a good relationship with him. When I was 19 there was no way I'd be caught dead going somewhere with my parents!

Song, I meant it. You're doing great. I'm sure the walking is helping. If you can get into the habit of exercise, it's a good "catch-22." You start walking, and you feel better, and you feel better, so you want to go walking, etc.

We have a new poster in the forum today; goes by the name Bigshot. Wendy and I have already welcomed him. It sounds like he might need a little advice from time to time, at least to get going. Any advice or kind words would, I'm sure, be appreciated.

Anyone hear from Orang lately? And whatever happened to the Reverend Yeti? Think all us ladies scared him away?

Wendy, whatever are you going to do with all your free time until summer school starts? I'm really envious of teachers, until I think of what you guys do for the rest of the year! No thanks! I'm just glad there are wonderful, patient people like you to teach the kids.

Elaine, keep that mix cold. I bought an extra-large bottle of Jose Cuervo gold. I might even splurge and buy some chips and cheese or salsa. Just a small bag. Hell, it beats my dinner of last night (2 glasses of red wine and half a pack of saltines). No lectures, please. I'll get back to "real" food someday, I promise. In the meantime, my 10s are still loose.

I've been thinking about Wendy's challenge to list 5 things you like about yourself. I didn't answer then, but here goes. I'm serious about all these things, even though they might sound frivolous.
  1. I have a very nice nose. Not too wide, not too narrow, not too long, not too short. Very nice.
  2. I have perfect thumbs. I know, but I do.
  3. I'm honest. It's very hard for me to lie, so I don't. This doesn't mean I'm hurtful and tell the harsh truth all the time. I'm of the old adage, "If you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all."
  4. I'm loyal. I've never cheated on my husband. I've never even come close. Or even wanted to come close. As a friend, if you ask me to do something for you, I'll do it.
  5. I'm a very hard worker. I want things done well. I don't leave jobs half done or half-a$$ed done. At least not anything that matters.
All in all, I think I'm a good person. (Flashback to the movie "Monster" in which Charlize Theron says that she's a good person, right after murdering a couple men!)

On the other hand, thinking about the "what I hate about me" list, if I could magically change one thing physically about me, it would be to give me a flat tummy. Even as a child I had a round pot belly and I've always hated it.

(I can imagine all of you nudging each other and saying, "Geez, what's with Bawdy tonight?!?!?!?)