View Single Post
  #7   ^
Old Fri, Jul-06-18, 12:34

Plan: atkins, carnivore 2023
Stats: 225/224/163 Female 5'8"
BF:
Progress: 2%

I wondered that too !! Realizing I dont kow enough about blood types.

Mine is rare--terrible as a whole blood donor, so I quit doing that. I have given plasma as Im a universal donor, but it takes a whole morning. The whole blood is released from one arm, run thru a filter machine and returned to the other arm. Two hours attached to machine for less than a pint. Only day appointments m-f, And no evening hours. Must go to big city. Havent gone for years-- only 3-4 visits. Wish I could get paid for my donations....... then I could go almost every week and be worth it.

Here is the info from that site.

Quote:
The Blood Type AB Individualized Lifestyle

Type AB blood is rare – it’s found in less than five percent of the population. And it is the 'newest' of the blood types. Until ten or twelve centuries ago, there was little to no Type AB blood type. That is because type AB results from the intermingling of Type A with Type B. Unlike virtually every other gene, which have 'dominant' and 'recessive' variations (alleles), the A and B alleles are 'co-dominant,' meaning they quite happily co-exist with each other. Type AB is the only blood type whose existence is the result of intermingling rather than evolution and environment. Thus, they share both the benefits and the challenges of both Type A and Type B blood types. Type AB has a unique chameleon like quality – depending on the circumstances, this blood type can appropriate the characteristics of each of the other blood types. Type AB is sometimes A-like, sometimes B-like and sometimes a fusion of both. Today, as we look back at this remarkable evolutionary revolution, it is clear that the genetic characteristics of our ancestors live in our blood today.