View Single Post
  #10   ^
Old Mon, Aug-10-09, 05:38

Plan: Atkins-ish (hypoglycemia)
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 63
BF:
Progress: 50%

Quote:
Whether because exercise makes us hungry or because we want to reward ourselves, many people eat more — and eat more junk food, like doughnuts — after going to the gym.

Quote:
On average, the women in all the groups, even the control group, lost weight, but the women who exercised — sweating it out with a trainer several days a week for six months — did not lose significantly more weight than the control subjects did. (The control-group women may have lost weight because they were filling out those regular health forms, which may have prompted them to consume fewer doughnuts.)

What is this guy's obsession with doughnuts? I'm at the gym 4-5 days a week, and can't recall the last time I had a doughnut, probably at least a decade ago, when I wasn't even going to the gym.

Nor do I see people running out of the gym with a doughnut in hand, although I do sometimes see people eating a piece of fruit as they leave the gym, but more often than not, they're drinking a bottle of water - just plain water, not gatorade.

I think it's the author who must be obsessed with doughnuts.