View Single Post
  #15   ^
Old Sun, Feb-24-02, 11:13

Plan: TSP/PPLP/low-cal/My own
Stats: 250/209/150 Female 63.5 inches
BF:
Progress: 41%
Default Try something different?

Hi, Jujubaby. I understand how you feel. Right now I am having serious problems with my ovaries (thankfully, not related to the program) but it's very scary. However, I think there is a solution to your problems.

As a devout Schwarzbeiner, I would like to suggest you try her program. On the Schwarzbein Principle program, you do not eat pasta, bread or sugar. But it's also easy to follow and not as restrictive as it sounds -- as long as you are not caught up in "replacing" all the goodies you are used to eating. For me that was easy (I grew up without desert after dinner), for others it's hard.

My daily meal plan includes "Joe's Special" (hamburger, eggs, spinach onions...) for breakfast, usually a tuna salad for lunch (including an avocado -- one of my favorite foods), and a dinner of meat and vegetables for dinner. Snacks include cheese, nuts, and homemade hummus with celery sticks. I'm even able to eat out on program with very little adjustment.

I keep it fairly simple, and I am feeling better (not counting the ovary pain) than I have felt in years. I have had asthma problems (mostly uncontrolable coughing in the mornings) for many years -- those problems have apparently abated just when our toughest alergy season is starting.

Again, as a devout Schwarbeiner, I think that the pasta and bread you had on Sugar Busters is the problem.

You should read Dr. Schwarzbein's book. She details very clearly what the different food groups do to your body. And the case studies are very compelling. For me, that is most all the inspiration I need.

I hope you feel better and find what will work for you. Good luck.

;-Deb