#12   ^
Old Sun, Nov-13-11, 11:27

Plan: Ketogenic now
Stats: 277/121/125 Female 61 inches
BF:
Progress: 103%

Quote:
Originally Posted by hysteria
Wow - interesting about the levoxyl. I will stop holding and just swallow - the current pills are weird though - they are more like dissovable strips than the hard pill I was used to. As soon as they hit my mouth, they begin to dissolve (?)

My tests do include both T3/T4 (done every 6 months - or 6 weeks if meds are adjusted) - I just don't have them.

Sorry Pam, again, guess I kind of hid it - I started taking the 1/2 grain of Armour before bed - nothing to do with my pdoc directly. She doesn't even know. I had a full 'script left from the last experiment.

Again, thanks for all the information. Even though I do feel better, I will stop the Armour and ask for a retest next week. I take full responsibility & feel amazingly stupid now. I just want to "get better"...

I know......about wanting to 'get better' for sure. and I did NOT 'get better' in the thyroid department until I DID get some T3. But, you also have to know that if your iron, or ferritin is low..or your progesterone...that can actually make you more prone to having side effects if you DO start T3 too.

So, you sure need those tested too (Now, not 'hemoglobin'...the tests are called: ferritin and 'iron'...two tests, don't cost a lot).

If all the doc did was TOTAL T's, they will be pretty dang useless too..make sure they are doing FREE T's (if she wants an explanation: here it is:

Total T4 and Total T3 show what's 'circulating in the blood stream'. While Free T4 and Free T3 show what's USABLE to the body. so, you want the Free's.

I, and my psychologist are thrilled to hear that a psych doc is doing this! There is a famous psych doc here in Indiana (Dr. Don Michaels) who went into just doing thyroid patients... and used T4 and T3 as 'tools'. She, or you, can look up that doctor (look around the South Bend/Elkhart area, hint hint) and she could even call and get more info on all of this from a psychological point of view (I'm hoping she DOES find info on him/from him!). OH, edited...I don't know if this listserve is still up and running, but give this to her as well: http://www.thyroid.emissary.net\thyroid

Even if the doc does synthetic T4 AND synthetic T3....you can still feel well without porcine thyroid...many of the doctors on my lists I give out do a synthetic combo and they are so good at it, that those patients feel just as well as the ones on porcine and natural dessicated.

Down the road, if you need info, research to back you up, let me know, pm me, and I'll try and find whatever you can use that's from a MEDICAL standpoint (not just some thyroid patient advocate on the net, ahem, lol).

Best of luck to you!