View Single Post
  #10   ^
Old Sat, Nov-12-11, 07:48

Plan: Ketogenic now
Stats: 277/121/125 Female 61 inches
BF:
Progress: 103%

Levoxyl is very SPECIFIC in it's dosing instructions and does NOT work well when taken sublingually!!! (under the tongue/in cheek). Please do not use that particular drug that way.

Um..oh...gosh...I hope the doc is 'ok' with the Armour..but you see...if you had FT4, and FT3 tests you would have a GREAT idea of 'where you are' and 'where you need to go'.

Armour added MORE T4 and just a teensy bit of T3 (whereas, the doctor adding synthetic T3 TO the Levoxyl might be the 'way to go' for YOU).

So, now you are essentially intaking 106mcg. T4 and only a teensy little tiny 4.5mg. of T3. You're just adding in a lot more T4. Sigh. And probably what you REALLY need is to scale the T4 back (maybe, depends on the FT's) and add IN T3.

Now, everyone is different, but most human thyroids spit out (over the course of a day..not all at once hopefully, ha ha) around 18 to 27mcg. of T3 a DAY depending on 'need'.

If I were YOU...I would stop the Armour ....and go and test in the morning (on no meds...since T4 won't 'show up' if you take it before hand anyway..up to you) for Ft4, and ft3....and that would show you pretty much where you are.

I, personally (note the 'personally') like my FT4 ONLY about midway of it's range and maybe even slightly under...(and docs who only GIVE T4 get used to seeing a high FT4..so they are usually no fun with this) and like my FT3 around 3/4 of it's range..but not higher cuz then I get 'fidgety'..but I also take 11 other meds, and some people like that FT3 WAY up there in range..and need it there to function.

I hope I've given you a little 'look' into what's usually 'appropriate'. If a doctor keeps just doing TSH...well...that's not going to help you very much.

How does the doc figure 4.5mcg. of T3 (A grain of Armour has approx. 37mcg. of T4 and about 9mg. of T3 ok?) in that 30mg of Armour would help? AND it's adding MORE T4..if your body isn't converting any T4 to T3, it's like going out to a junked car with NO engine, and putting a full tank of gas into it.