View Single Post
  #14   ^
Old Fri, Feb-16-18, 16:16

Plan: VLC, mostly meat
Stats: 202/200/165 Male 5' 7"
BF:
Progress: 5%

Huh, the "war on bread" didn't work, therefore let's stop it now. Well, the "war on fat" didn't work, therefore let's stop it now.

I like this guy, he makes the best argument evah. Oh, also he wants to end the "war on pasta".

So, about what he says to Oz about low-carb and stuff in the clip with the title "why low-carb diets are unsustainable". "...and maybe they drink too much soda". Ima go ahead and guess low-carb diets include soda as an allowed food. No wait, Ima go ahead and say with absolute certainty that it ain't. Phew, almost got fooled for a second there. Good thing I ain't an idjit who's never actually read (and tried, and succeeded in following the instructions, and grew leaner as a result) any low-carb book whatsoever, otherwise I'd believe the author of The Dorito Effect when he says stuff about stuff.

I love Oz, he makes the best arguments too. For instance, he says if we cut out bread, we eat more of other stuff and he's got a picture. In that picture, there's all kinds of bread or bread-y stuff we don't actually call bread. I guess he's saying if we cut out bread, we're lying about it. Oh, he's also saying low-carb diets include all that bread-y stuff as allowed foods. Ima say again with absolute certainty they don't they ain't no way no how never ever. Oh, it means he's also saying Shatzker is lying when he says we eat 13lbs less bread.

In the third clip titled "The Wheat Bread...blah blah blah", Shatzker says something brilliant. First, he talks about digestion, breaking down the food, and illustrates that white bread is digested much more quickly than whole wheat bread. And the glycemic index and stuff, but that doesn't seem to go anywhere, maybe it's just me. But then he says something even more brilliant: "You're just burning it really quickly". Da hell's he talking about, Willis? Digestion, absorption, or "burning"? Well, first he talks about digestion and how bran fiber slows it down. In the same breath, absorption slows down too by extension, right? But when he says "you just burn it really quick", he's literally arguing that the quicker it's digested, the quicker it's absorbed, the quicker it's metabolized.

At the next clip, he just lost me when he said "you can get the nutrition...blah blah blah". Nah, you can't, there ain't no such thing in wheat. In fact, that's why we enrich wheat flour in the first place with several essentials, and then some that weren't there before processing. Oh yeah, remember that picture Oz was showing us? It's all processed food. Well, bread is the single most processed "food" on the planet. No choice, can't digest, absorb or burn raw wheat seeds. Cuz, ya know, bran fiber, the shell of the seed, is totally indigestible.

OK, let's be a little more serious here. Everybody on this forum knows full well the effect of cutting out all wheat. And the effect of eating wheat when, ya know, we sorta kinda totally lose it and scarf down an entire box of donuts like it was the end of the world. Ima say it ain't actually food. Ima say it's a genuine drug. It doesn't even taste good and we still gobble it up. In fact, it could taste pretty much like saw dust and we'd still stuff our faces, just like that woman Taubes talked about where she was hooked on bland wheat starch, the stuff used at the cleaners. Ya, that's what we eat when we eat wheat. All the flavors we add in, in the bread itself and between the slices or whatever, it's just to make the experience a bit less cra..., erm, a bit more tolerable. It's basically the exact same thing with coffee when we add cream and sugar. I drink mine black, I guess I'd totally eat bland wheat starch too.