#9   ^
Old Mon, Aug-04-03, 09:57
Registered Member

Plan: Somersizing
Stats: 206.5/190/170
BF:not sure
Progress: 45%

Hi all! Here is my SS story:
I saw Suzanne on HSN in the Spring of 2001. She was cooking a big juicy burger with onions and mushrooms atop and added a slice of cheese and she said that I could eat that and not gain weight. I thought to myself...I've got to hear this! Then she mentioned that a grilled cheese sandwich was the worst thing you could eat. Combining the cheese a pro/fat with the bread a starch/fat/carbo. I went out and bought Get Skinny and read it and was ready to go! I lost 20 pounds in 7 weeks. I was very strict for the first 3 weeks. Then on the fourth week allowed myself to have a small cheat on Saturday. For the next 4 weeks I only had that small cheat once a week. I did fine! It was so great! I was walking at least 3 times a week about 2 miles each time. Then the BIG MISTAKE happened. I went on vacation. I could actually wear my swimsuit and some smaller clothes and felt better about myself. While on vacation I ate bread, sugar, potatoes and never thought of Somersizing again...By the end of the year I had gained my 20 pounds back plus about 10 more. How stupid was I?!?! Then last spring I decided I was too fat. I ordered the 6 Week Body Makeover...Not knowing you must eliminate all salt/sodium from everything you eat...I tried it and unsuccessful I mailed it back for a refund. Then I just decided I couldn't do it. Then I thought about SS again in late August...I tried to get back on track and then came the holidays....It was too hard. I would make a new years resolution....I started SS on January 6th and lost about 20 pounds in 12 weeks this time. We did a thing here at work where you pay 10.00 to join and each week at weigh in if you haven't lost the weight you were supposed to (divided by 12 weeks) you had to pay 5.00. In the end if you met your goal, you got to split the pot. I made my goal actually 2 over and got about 35.00 back. I put in about 35 total over the 12 weeks so I broke even. Since then I have not been SS whole heartedly. I need to get back on track and get some more pounds off. I need to lose about 25 more pounds to be at 160/165 which is appropriate for my 5'9" large frame. I hope I can make a new start and SS whole heartedly someday. I know I don't want to go through life feeling this way. I am having problems with my car right now and my computer just quit on me so I'm rather stressed right now. I can do it though! I just need a kick in the butt! I would like to lose 20 pounds by Oct. 4th. That's my boyfriends sons graduation...Wish me luck!