View Single Post
  #5   ^
Old Fri, May-18-18, 03:55

Plan: Ketogenic and OMAD
Stats: 325/283/185 Male 69 inches
BF:Sorry, don't know
Progress: 30%

Thank you both, for your welcome, web links, advice and empathy, it's genuinely appreciated.

I was most interested to read about the 'second time' around 'syndrome.' Although I haven't read the advice in the links provided yet. I'm not too worried though,

I've set myself '1 full year' on this diet (until 1st May 2019) to achieve my 115lbs weight loss. While it's undoubtedly ambitious, it does mean only losing 2.211lbs (or 1kg) per week and that should be an achievable target, you'd expect??? I'm expecting, having maintained the 'diet' for that length of time, I'd be more inclined to continue 'eating LC' as a permanent lifestyle choice.

Actually, this is not my 'second bash' at LC dieting. Ever since regaining most of my original weight, I've made a number of failed attempts, to recapture the relief, excitement and confidence, in having proven LC diets 'work' for me.

My wife is completely unconvinced by my almost religious zeal in 'selling her the science' behind LC eating. With us regularly needing to make different meals each evening, well it became a significantly demotivating factor with continuing. (My wife is not affected by being overweight)

I shall certainly, 'delve deeply' into the forum history, for advice and tips and asking whether a particular food is 'allowable to maintain 'ketosis.'

The problem for 'us Brits' though, is with the names/products identified on US based forums. examples of which would be US rutabaga to UK swede, plus, US scallion to UK spring onion. So to get around that, I only tend to use the most basic (non processed) of foodstuffs. Eating as naturally as I can, trying to ensure what's on my plate is all 'acceptable food' helping to maintain 'ketosis.'

Anyway, enough from me for now. Onwards and Upwards eh?