View Single Post
  #25   ^
Old Fri, Aug-31-07, 08:20

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 215/164/158 Female 68 inches (5' 8")
BF:much/less/now :-)
Progress: 89%

I'm getting one last post in before September!

WOW. where did this month go.

I've got a Breakfast/cookout/lunch to do on Sunday:

I'm having my fiance's family over on Sunday for an overnight stay, and I normally have tons of ideas for what to cook. Here's the deal: Uncle and Cousin coming from New Jersey - cousin had bariatric surgery, as did her mom, and they lost a lot of weight. She does a higher protein lower carb, but not nessesarily low carb all the time. Fiance's father was diagnosed pre-diabetic 8 weeks ago and doc told him if he wanted to avoid medicaitons he needed to cut the carbs. Amazingly he has followed through on this becasue he hates the idea of being on more meds (well, really in paying for them but whatever gets him going is great). He's not strictly adhering to a low carb diet, but he has really really reduced his carbs, cut out the sugar, and exercises daily. He's lost nealry 20 pounds and plans too keep going. Me - PP all the way. Fiance and Uncle not doing low carb and a bit annoyed by the whole thing. LOL.

D and his family also do not eat nuts and seeds. A couple are alergic and never grew up eating them, so even the ones who can just don't like them.

I was thinking of doing something on the grill - I have hamburger and chicken breasts/drumsticks on hand, but can shop for anything I need on Saturday.

Breakfast: I thought I might make a crust less quiche with ham or sausage in it. And have a melon or some other fruit on hand. D always keeps some bread around so there is toast if folks want it.

Any suggestions for the cookout? Mostly for side dishes. I just don't want to make low carb AND high carb stuff if I can avoid it. So no potato salad for example because leftovers won't get eaten. I could grill some potatos however and toss with fresh herbs...maybe a nice cucumber and pepper salad...

Folks what's your favorite cookout dish?