View Single Post
  #26   ^
Old Sat, Aug-11-07, 17:22

Plan: PP/PPLP
Stats: 150/140/140 Male 68 inches
BF:
Progress: 100%

Portail,

You misread/understood what Dr. Eades’ IF plan is. Here is what I read him as saying the plan is. Using your format, I changed it to how I feel sure he meant it to be.

Day 1
8 am breakfast
1 pm lunch
5-6 pm dinner (ate for 9 hours)
6 pm start fasting
-----------------------------------------
Day 2
8 am fast
1 pm fast
fasted 24 hours (until 6 pm)
6 pm dinner
Bed time snack allowed (if within overall calorie/carb limits -
These limits would be for the FULL 24 hours from 6:00 pm to 5:59 pm the next day)
Day 3
8am breakfast
1 pm lunch
5-6 pm dinner (could eat for 24 hours)
6 pm start fasting
Day 4
8 am fast
1 pm fast
fasted 24 hours (until 6 pm)
6 pm dinner
Bed time snack allowed
ETC., etc., etc., etc., etc.,

So, if you call the day you start fasting at 6 PM, day ONE and the next day TWO, etc. THEN you could say on ODD days you can eat until 6 PM AND on EVEN days you cannot eat (at all) until 6 PM.

Dr. Mike had some reasoning for choosing this particular timing, but I can’t remember what it was - and am not going to go back and look for it. As I recall, it had to do with the feeling that this would be easier to follow. You have NO days that you cannot have something to eat. Yet you do have a FULL 24 period of no food intake which helps the body “clean out” the cells of “garbage” proteins. These are malformed proteins that cannot be used and contribute to aging.

You could also claim that this probably approximates our hunting ancestors life - you know, the ones that determined our present metabolism. Here is the the scenario. The group hunts all day, finally making a kill in the late afternoon. They eat their fill and sleep. Because the animal was probably large, they could not eat it all at once. SO when they wake in the morning, there is still something to eat. Even in hot Africa, the meat would not spoil over night. By the time the whole carcass has been eaten, it may be too late to start hunting. Thus they start a fast period which will end when a kill is made the next day.

I say it is a large animal because of our need for fat in our diet. The body fat in an animal goes up as the size of the animal goes up. Not much fat in a rabbit. A lamb will have more. And so forth. There is some evidence that we killed animals in the 200 to 500 pound range in the British Isles with something like 30% body fat.

I also would expect that the choice parts, that would spoil fastest,would be eaten first. The muscle meat would be eaten last. Also decomposition helps to make muscle meats more tender. You do know that that prime rib you ate was hung for a time in a cool, but not freezing cold room, for it to “age” - really meaning, start to rot!