View Single Post
  #4   ^
Old Fri, Jul-13-07, 11:48

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 215/164/158 Female 68 inches (5' 8")
BF:much/less/now :-)
Progress: 89%

seems like you are doing well. 50 pounds in 6-7 months is great. its taken me a year of following PP for the second time to lose 47 pounds. The loss is going to slow down as your body needs less fuel. You are getting exercise which is great.

Looking ata random sampling of your fit day entries I'd say that your eating habits are not that disimilar from mine. When I hit the 180s my loss really slowed down. Now, I'm a 40 year old 5'8" woman who walks a fair amount, but does little else for exercise.

Now, having said that, there is some evidence that when loss slows down, you may need to adjst your calories downward (not everyone needs to - this is dependent on activity, metabolism, age, etc). Some folks suggest 10-12 times your goal weight, or your interim goal weight, is a good number to aim for. Those with higher activity levels can likely adjust that number up. Low carbers can eat more calories than a person on a lower fat diet and still lose weight, but its only like 200 or so more. Low carb is better, but its still a calorie burned vs calorie eaten equation.

Fitday has a tendency to overestimate the impact of your lifestyle and activity on the number of calories burned in a day. If I went by fitday's calories burned, I should be losing 2 pounds a week and would have reached goal in December of last year. lol.