View Single Post
  #12   ^
Old Tue, Jun-09-09, 16:14

Plan: general low carb
Stats: 220/179.6/150 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 58%

Sno,

I was just tired yesterday -- the last two days were tough because of the over cheat. Anyway, I feel great today so I'm feeling more confident. I can't run either but I have an old stationary bike that I rigged to be a recumbent bike. It works great and doesn't hurt the butt. I tried the interval training but I don't have the stamina yet. I find if I can just do 10 mins. in the morning it really helps my metabolism. I try to do some core exercises a few times a week as well. I am 56 and definitely need to build muscle and strength as well as flexibility. I just wish it didn't take so much effort!!!

Anyway, I'm hanging in there and hoping for good results by the end of the week. And don't worry, I won't dessert you.

PS. I am really enjoying the variety with this diet too. For so long, I had very little fruit with Atkins and no grains. So this is a real treat for me. I've added no fat cottage cheese (Atkins no-no), yams, pumpkin and oatmeal. I just bought some Almond milk (unsweetened) to use in my whey shakes. And the eating every three hours is really key for me -- I'm never hungry!