View Single Post
  #14   ^
Old Thu, Mar-26-15, 19:33

Plan: Very Low Carb
Stats: 312/235/185 Male 66 inches
BF:
Progress: 61%

Go ahead and try it like it is -- your tastes might be different than mine. Like most of you I find it really fun to try new low carb dishes. Thanks again to the original poster -- keep the new ideas coming!

It was too bold (for me anyway) as a "stand alone" side dish with fried chicken. The cauliflower taste was a bit strong to me. It also was kind of mushy (unless I did it wrong). Actually as the original poster stated it might be just right as a stuffing for mushrooms -- I might try that.

I figured though that sausage and peppers would accent the flavor which it did. Yes, I usually fry in olive oil or butter (or coconut oil). I just fried it with the eggs and sausage -- be careful not to let it burn.

When I pan fried the dish the next day it made it nice and brown and the sausage especially goes well with the flavors.

Like I said I mixed it with scrambled eggs, more fresh cilantro, Williams low sugar sausage, some hot peppers for zing and an avacado on the side. Made a nice hearty and quite filling breakfast dish.