Old Fri, Jun-08-07, 23:14
I've decided

Plan: LC
Stats: 235/137.6/130 Female 5' 5"
BF:haven't a clue
Progress: 93%

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobinDBois
I agree with most of the post, but I have to question .... 4 and 10.

It may be different for everyone. For example, I'm a 270 pound, 36 yr old man, and I can have pretty much, as much wine or low carb beers, and porc rind, as i want without stalling.

Maybe I'm just lucky, or maybe 4 and 10 are not really stall items? Yes, salt can make me retain water, but that doesn'T mean the fat is not coming off... once you stop eating porc rinds after a few days the water leaves the body and whoooosh the weight drops real fast to the 'real' body weight. Any that's how salf affect my body.

I would say... better to slip on pork rinds and retain water, than slip on ice cream and get fat.

Good luck all

tché

I think this is a good point - much better to 'slip' on something like a few pork rinds than to binge on something like full-sugar ice cream.

Back when I wrote my post in here, I was in the middle of a very long stall, and grasping at anything and everything that might be contributing to that stall of mine. Was it the citric acid in Diet Coke? Was it the salt in the pork rinds? Was it the occasional glass of wine? Was it the sugar alcohols...so many potential 'stallers' and yet each one of them could potentially be a problem for any one of us. I did find that too many pork rinds seemed to stall me more than if I avoided them altogether - but I do agree with you in that these are far better than some higher-carb alternative.

Funny how I wanted to 'blame' all these various potentially 'stall-inducing' items in my diet - and yet, the truth was - at the time (having made a huge move to a new country, and so on), I wasn't actually following the diet properly. Sure, I was 'doing' low carb, but it was more a maintenance version, rather than a weight-loss version - if that makes sense. I can have all the pork rinds I want, but not if I want to lose the weight. Same deal with things like sugar alcohols or the occasional glass of wine - all fine and dandy...for maintenance....

It's embarassing to admit, that back then I was constantly looking for the 'culprit' for my very long stall. I believed there must be *something* that was messing me up. And yet, I wasn't following plan properly. Just sort of coasting along 'doing' low-carb, without paying attention to portions, carb counts and guidelines. I never did gain any weight...but didn't lose either for a very long time. I wish I could say it was 'just' the pork rinds or that it must have been the Diet Coke or any other particular (and specific) thing....but then, I wouldn't be being honest with myself or others.

It boils down to complacency. With a lot of things.

No one thing in particular - as much as I'd have liked to point my finger and say 'aha - that thing stalls me, and this is the cause of all my problems'. Not so.