Old Thu, Oct-01-15, 13:24
Registered Member

Plan: atkins
Stats: 176/176/145 Female 5,9
BF:
Progress: 0%

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickiSue
What are your real goals, Lulee? If you don't know what you weighed to start, and you don't know what you weigh now, you haven't really given yourself a chance to succeed, have you?

But if all you want to do is lose weight, well, you are doing it: people are noticing. If you want to avoid gaining more, and be healthier, you won't do it by eating healthy and then going back to eating the way you used to, will you? In fact, you'll gain the weight back, and, if you are like most of us, you'll gain more, as well.

You are 5'10". If you were that tall and weighed 110, you weren't very thin. You were severely underweight. Your BMI was only 15.8.

According to the CDC, a healthy weight range for someone 5'10" is between 129 and 174. Now that's a wide range, true.

But think of the range of beautiful women out there; rail-thin people are not that common, and women of all sizes are beautiful. The issue with being overweight isn't so much the size as the health issues that become more common as you gain.

If I were you (and I'm not) I'd do two things. First, I'd invest in a scale. I would face whatever it is I weigh right now, and measure, as well. Second, I would write down what I want from life, why I want it, and when I want it. And I would ask myself, "How does the way I feel about my body affect all that?"

Weight change brings all sorts of painful stuff bubbling to the surface. Be kind to yourself. And remember that feeding yourself poison--and that's what high carb food is--is not kind.

thanks mickisue, for the advice

5 10 is what some online sites told me my height in cms is, but others told me 5 9 or even 5 8, after i rechcked, so i cant be sure. IM 176 cm, wich is very tall for a girl, i was always the tallest in my class, etc, im very tall but dont know exactly if 5 9, or 5 10.

I was never underweight i think, i did weigh 50 kilos in my early teens (wich is 110 i think, where i live we dont use pounds/inches, we use kilos/centimetros) and was very very thin, but in my youth years i was just thin at 130/140.
When i weigh 110, i was told i was "too skinny" by schoolmates and even in my family (who always have been really cruel -they are now with how fat i am ) they had a nickname for me that came from a local tv show of that time (the 90s) of a very stick think grotesque woman and they told me jockingly i must have a big worm in my stomach cause i ate so much and was so thin .

Anyways, in my late teens and 20s that joke stopped cause i wasnt super thin anymore, i was just normal at 130-140. But, when i hitted 150, the "you are getting fat" comments starting to flow. And when i got to be almost 180 my dad COULDNT STOP telling me how horribly fat i was everytime i saw him

But yes, i ve been told by people, my boyfriend at first, who, since he is the kindest nicest person ever, i thought he was just telling me because he knew i was struggling, and he is sweet like that, so to make sure i was actually losing, i sent pictures to my parents (who i havent seen in months) of one before and one after pictures and THEY (who really can be the cruelest people on earth and will tell me how fat i look at every opportunity) told me the changes were noticeable, so maybe i DID lose more than 5 pounds, i dont know, but i truly dont feel like it cause i still look horribly and cant finde a single size of clothes that fit in this entire city