#5   ^
Old Tue, Jul-30-02, 21:26
Registered Member

Plan: atkins
Stats: 246/209/165
BF:
Progress: 46%
Unhappy An honest mistake....

Started Atkins one week ago today and have felt so good. No more 'naps', no hunger, staying well within the induction guidelines without a problem. So today I went to visit a family member and she offered me a soda. I have been drinking one cup of coffee daily and then ice water the rest of the time so I thought a soda sounded good. She ALWAYS has diet soda. She brought a glass of ice and soda and since it was hot I just chugged it down in a short time while we talked. About ten minutes later I broke out in an immense sweat. I knew immediately it had to be sugar. Asked her if that was regular soda and she said yes, she had ran out of diet and her daughter brought home regular:-( So I looked up the carbs and there they are in big glaring numbers 41 carb per can. I really feel guilty but it was not a cheat by design. Glad I found this post and hopefully I will just move past it and go on. I have no desire to cheat and it blows my mind that this happened. Hopefully it won't affect my overall intake this week. I wound up with 54 carb total today:-(
Merry (NOT)