View Single Post
  #77   ^
Old Wed, Jul-06-16, 07:28
A'72 Lifer Hard Core

Plan: A'72 Induction Lifer + IF
Stats: 265/114/130 Female 5'4"
BF:Not so much now!
Progress: 112%
Default Cut Carbs, Quit Sugar, Feel Fabulous... a reposty!

Something I want to share with all the HC A '72 Warriors...

Read the article that esw quotes below, I think it's well worth your time!

Original Thread created by esw:

http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthre...933#post9138933
Quote:
Originally Posted by esw
Interesting article on new book here:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/f...lly-simple.html

Growing evidence can't be ignored!
My response to esw's posting:
Quote:
Thanks for posting this, esw!

It's wonderful to see more and more articles supporting what we already know! I loved the "Are you a Sugar Addict" Test; I'd personally rename that "Are You a Carb Addict" b/c to me the same questions would apply.

And yeah as "Fat Jo" I would have answered more than 5 of the questions with a resounding "YES"... But I knew I would, eh?

Imma gonna repost this in my journal for safe-keeping and to review at my leisure again!

Thanks!
Are You a Sugar Addict? Test I seriously think we can substitute CARB Addict!
Quote:
Answer honestly yes or no to the following questions...

1. Can you eat sweet, starchy or fatty foods until you are over-full?

2. Do you feel hungry even after eating a full meal?

3. Can you eat large quantities of sweets or stodgy foods even when you’re not feeling particularly hungry?

4. Do you ever feel ashamed (self-loathing, disgusted or depressed) about your eating habits?

5. Do you ever turn to sugar when you are feeling down or upset?

6. When things are bad, do you find you need more and more sweet foods to feel better?

7. Do you plan to eat a small portion (such as one biscuit), but end up binge-eating (demolishing the whole packet)?

8. Do you find starchy, sweet or fatty foods the most difficult to cut back on?

9. Do you find it difficult to stop once you start eating starches, snack foods, junk foods or sweets?

10. Are your eating habits having an impact on your social life, work or physical abilities?

11. Do you find impossible to stick to healthy-eating resolutions?

12. Do you feel you need to (have to) have something sweet after lunch or dinner?

13. Do you eat sweets and chocolates secretly and hide the wrappers because you don’t want anyone to know?

14. If you cut yourself one piece of cake, do you then find yourself coming back for more and more?

15. Do you get a foggy head after big meals (or mid-afternoon)?

If you answered ‘yes’ to five or more of these questions, you could be a sugar addict.