View Single Post
  #7   ^
Old Thu, Jan-25-07, 12:40

Plan: Muscle Centric
Stats: 238/153/160 Female 5'10"
BF:
Progress: 109%

Quote:
Yes, it's pretty evident most women find serious weight training to be something they have no interest in. And that's fine. Hard for those of us who think it's wonderful to understand, however.

Yes, I must admit that I do find it hard to understand. But I suppose that if we lead by example, then perhaps others will follow.

I had a fabulous compliment earlier this week ~ several people (female) have apparently joined the company gym because of me! They have noticed my changing shape, and the fact that I work out every day, and want to follow my example. Whether they want to follow my example by weight training as well, remains to be seen. But it would be great if they did.

Quote:
I've always thought muscles were like a work of art, and strength gives such a feeling of power and confidence. I'm only interested in what can be developed naturally however. I think women who look like men with make-up look WRONG! But women who develop their muscles naturally are very beautiful. I'm glad the standard for competitions are going back to more the Cory Everson look. At least I've heard that is the case.

I love your comment about thinking of muscles like a work of art, and I can definitely concur with the feeling of pwer and confidence. I love the feeling I get when I weight train ... especially upper body ... it's almost sensual feeling too. Hard to desvribe, but I'm sure you'll know what I mean

And yes, I feel the same about natural ... it does look beautiful ... lean, yet properly defined.

A bit of a cliche, but I always loved Linda Hamilton's look in Terminator 2 ~ that's what I'm aiming for.

I'm suffering from DOMS today after yesterday's LBWO. Walking is fine, and I was able to go for a 3 mile power walk at lunchtime. However, walking down the stairs and lowering myself onto a chair is proving to be painful. But I'm sure I'll get through it.

I've heard that taking ibrupofen (or the equivalent) to help with the pain is not a good idea, but I've no idea why. Does anyone have any idea?