View Single Post
  #17   ^
Old Fri, Aug-22-03, 14:23
Registered Member

Plan: SPII IS/BOAG
Stats: 186/136/140 Female 5' 5"
BF:A lot/18%/20%
Progress: 109%

Hmmm... what would be some signs of overtraining with weights? I have been so exhausted all the time lately, and my weight workouts have been just horrible -- not finishing sets, having to decrease weights, major DOMS, that kind of stuff. I've been pushing the cardio more than the weights for the last two months, and have made some gains there, but it seems like I'm losing ground in the weight room, and it just frustrates me to death. I've blamed some of the poor performance and general exhaustion on the heat, and on my general stress levels, and on lack of sleep, and on TOM, but now I'm wondering if overtraining might not be playing a role here.

I'm not doing all that much (weights 2-3x/week and cardio 3x/week, on alternating days, with 1-2 rest days), and I've been kind of lax about it lately due to stress/tiredness, but that overtraining article (and a couple others I googled) set off the alarm bells. Part of me says, "excuses, excuses", but part of me says that it sounds a lot like what I've been struggling with lately...