View Single Post
  #51   ^
Old Wed, Feb-09-11, 19:10

Plan: IBS Diet/Intuitive Eating
Stats: 321/194.2/199 Female 62 inches
BF:
Progress: 104%

Okay, let's do!

It is funny, I came by here this morning to check out some information from the original Peat Guidelines post and I was thinking how great it was that you made the effort to get this thread up and running. It is so hard to find this information elsewhere and thanks to you, people will have access to this info for years to come!

Also by coincidence, I just bought some KNOX gelatin at the store! Now I know that seems crazy, given my apparent sensitivity to it, but I wanted to make orange jigglers with OJ and see what happens. When I ate those gummy worms last month and my blood sugar went sky high, I asked Ray Peat about it and he thought I might be reacting to the tapioca syrup in it. I did not get the usual allergic reaction I had to gelatin, however - racing pulse, flushed face, etc., so I wondered if maybe the process of boiling and chilling might make it more "Cathy friendly" than when I used to just drink it in hot water. Figured it was worth $1.39 to find out.

If I can tolerate it, I will order the Great Lakes stuff. I assume they still are making the gelatin, too? It would be great if it works for me. I am REALLY tired of making my own gelatinous broth!

Cathy