View Single Post
  #13   ^
Old Wed, Jul-22-09, 17:04

Plan: Carnivore
Stats: 235/175/150 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 71%

Welcome, and wow, you are such a brave man.

I want to agree with following Atkins, but I suggest reading his Diet Revolution, not his New Diet Revolution (both are available at Amazon). The reason being is the New Diet Revolution allows for junk food, and the Diet Revolution does not.

Eat when hungry. Roast a chicken or two and snack on that all day if need be. Be careful you do not eat more than a few ounces of cheese a day -- many fall into a trap of eating FAR more of that than they realize. A few eggs is good, a few dozen is not because eggs also have carbs.

But again, EAT. Nice fatty cuts of meat. Cook them yourself so you know what's in them. Chickens are so easy to bake and so hard to mess up. You will find that it's hard to eat too much fatty meat. Or have a big old chuck steak in the slow cooker, and after a few hours, just grab some when hungry. Refrigerate what's left over, and eat more.

Have a couple salads a day, but don't go crazy on them. Dr. Atkins does suggest having a bit of psyllium for a few weeks -- fiber does so much damage to your intestines and colon that it may be awhile before that is healthy and healed as well. After awhile, fat will be enough to keep your elimination regular.

I also suggest stay far away from bars and shakes if you possibly can. HOWEVER, you must have a huge caloric need at this point -- a 2.5k calorie diet may weaken you. That's why you need lots of meat. And cook everything in fat.

Cutting out all the refined carbs will do so much for you. I also agree that you should read Good Calories, Bad Calories. Gah, that is one hard to read book, but it has so much fantastic information.

This advice is just my opinion, of course. I have zero medical training and such. But I bet you CAN heal. No matter what, please stay in touch here!

Good luck to you!

Edit to add: BTW, I also highly recommend the movie Fat Head.