View Single Post
  #90   ^
Old Tue, Sep-23-03, 09:41

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 166/125.5/130 Female 66"
BF:24%
Progress: 113%

Several things did it for me

1. I found an old box with mementos in it, including the pair of shorts I was wearing the day I met dh. Of course I had originally put them in the box because I couldn't wear them anymore. But, I decided to try them on just to see and I got them up just above my knees and that was it. I suddenly realized that in just 8 years I'd gone up 4 (probably closer to 5) sizes. I'll probably never wear those shorts again since that was before I was 30, but at least I won't be so many sizes larger either!

2. I'm terrible about putting photos in the album. I had a real pile going and decided enough was enough. I went through them to put them in order. The first ones were of our first vacation as a married couple -- 7 years ago. And there I was looking slender. The more recent ones showed the new, overweight me. I couldn't believe how much I'd changed.

3. My dh is so lanky. He's 6' 4.5" tall and weighs 165 pounds. I suddenly realized that I weighed more than him. He said he didn't care and that he loved me just the way I am no matter what. But *I* cared.

I feel so much better. I wish dh could do Atkins but the LAST thing he needs is to lose weight. In fact, he needs to gain it but nothing seems to make him gain weight (including eating 3 or 4 bagels with cream cheese every morning for breakfast, super-sized fast food meals for lunch, and everything in site for supper!!). I am beginning to thing there's something wrong with his metabolism or something. I know he'd feel so much better without all those carbs he eats (plus it makes me sick watching him eat them LOL!!)

Julie